Hi everyone , I've just bought a 320i with water damage drove in to a massive puddle . When I picked it up it was knocking hard , changed oil filter oil ect and flushed the engine , and it's still knocking , I'm going to change oil pump . Anyone else think of anything ? Would be a great help cheers Eddie
I wouldn't try to run it until I was sure all water out of the system. Pull the spark plugs, remove the air intake filter....you already changed oil(?). Did you drain the muffler??...a cup of water in the muffler or catalytic converter can cause problems. (Any water get into the gas??) Crank the engine with the plugs out until you can see for sure it is not spitting out any water. Put the plugs back in and leave the ignition coils disconnected. Crank it some more to try to clear out the exhaust manifold and exhaust train. You want to be sure oil is getting to all your components (did you check oit pressure after you changed it?. Restarting a vehicle after water flooding is a meticulous process to eliminate damage. Water in the combustion chambers can cause almost "solid" impact on the engine. Usually driving through a deep puddle won't cause extreme problems unless you stall in it. I had someone give me a 1994 e36 because it was in a flooded parking lot for three days. Took my sweet time and after two weeks cranked it up and ran it. My son is still driving it a year later.
That's great thx i will try them bits and let you no how we got on , if all fails it will be getting a new heart , cos my friends having the car , I already have my e36 (95) cab hit 80,000 miles today coming home from work , trying to keep low miles but having to use it for work , ps bit of a silly question but how do I up load pics of my car on here . Thx for your help
Tony Sticks can maybe chime in on that...I am not good at uploading picks, but look forward to seeing them. I have a 1995 325i vert that was in dire need of TLC for the interior, top, etc and am rather proud of her now. Maybe if Tony gives us a tutorial we can both upload some pics
That would be great , look forward to seeing some pics , I have just started mine I have had it since november but never touched it , now winter is coming going to get some bits done
[quote="Eddie e36"]That would be great , look forward to seeing some pics , I have just started mine I have had it since november but never touched it , now winter is coming going to get some bits done
Let us know how it goes...I have my fingers crossed for good news for you.