Hi All Im going to flush out my brake fluid, and I read on another site that you could buy Blue dot 4 fluid this obviously would show when you have completely flushed out the old. all very well but Ive phoned round every motor Factors here in Essex England and not one of them has even heard of it let alone sells it !!!!!!
Ive made myself a pressure container from a garden sprayer and it works great.I can buy this fluid on line from lots of places but all seem to have DOT4 super racing fluid..... now on the other sites ive looked on most are in the States and Im a little confused now because its banned or so im led to believe there and some say its not good for standard road use to use racing fluid others say as long as its DOT4 it will be ok and even mix with amber fluid DOT3 and even DOT5+1 (NOT DOT 5)....So have any of you in GB done this with blue Fluid and have you had any bad results ie with the ABSorATC system or fluid jellying up.Also any of our American members with E 36's seems blue fluid is available there even though may be banned is the ate super blue racing fluid ok to use. My car is a 97 328i coupe
Any comments on this will be gratefully appreciated
Thanks Ron