Hi, I have just purchased a 1998 e36 and am wondering about fitting alloy wheels. I have found some 2nd hand wheels advertised they are BMW 17" alloys from a e46 coupe and I'm wondering if they will fit. I wonder if one of the e36 fanatics out there could just advise whether this is likely.
Yup they certainly will, any BMW wheels will fit i.e. 1,3,5,6,7,8 series, X or Z model or any M series. They are all completely interchangeable as long as they are too big or wide. A 20" or 21" rim will not fit but anything smaller than a 18" inch will do. Don't know about 19inchs though, iv heard of stories off diff people that they do fit but alot of people saying that they wont fit.
The ONLY Hellrot Red 323 in the world, emmm except for the other few thousand dotted around the world.
[quote="96_323"]Yup they certainly will, any BMW wheels will fit i.e. 1,3,5,6,7,8 series, X or Z model or any M series. They are all completely interchangeable as long as they are too big or wide. A 20" or 21" rim will not fit but anything smaller than a 18" inch will do. Don't know about 19inchs though, iv heard of stories off diff people that they do fit but alot of people saying that they wont fit.
no exactly true my friend
offsets will be wrong between the series above, especialy the x series! there lik 9j with massive offset!
but e46 alloys fit, if your bothered a 5mm spacer would bring the wheel out, but its barly noticeble, and ifact lets you drop the car with no rubbing issues